By Sinea Pies
Welcome to the best Chicken French Recipe ever. I mean it. The best EVER! And I’ve had a lot of Chicken French.
Anyhow…it all came about when some friends, Alan and Judy–fellow parents at our son’s school–decided that they’d like to treat us to dinner. We weren’t able to go out so they brought dinner to us.
The main dish they brought was Chicken French…this Chicken French. I’d never tasted anything so good and Judy told me that it was easy to make. I found that hard to believe but, easy or hard, I had to know how to make it. She readily shared the recipe and she was right…it was almost too simple to be true.
Whether you’re making it for just the family at home or presenting it to guests (they’ll think a gourmet chef made it), you’ll want to make this again and again!
|Not French…no, not me!|
- Dredge the chicken in flour, then dip in the mixture of egg/sugar/Parmesan cheese.
- Fry in an oil coated skillet, preheated on medium.
- Remove chicken from skillet to plate.
- Melt butter in skillet and add sherry, lemon juice, bouillon cube and garlic powder.
- Return chicken to sauce in skillet and simmer for 30 minutes.
Serve with peas or green bean vegetables on the side.
French Cooking?..did you ever think you’d be cooking French cuisine? If you’d like to get serious about, as did Martha Stewart and Julie Powell (of Julie & Julia fame) did, you may want to get Julia Child’s classic cookbook “Mastering the Art of French Cooking” or simply enjoy it vicariously with a copy of Julie & Julia on DVD.