On special occasions when pie is served in my home, Sarah Lee is the caterer. Her pies are so perfect, why bother with scratch? She does a superb job.
So, I hopped over to You Tube and found an easy-to-follow video that taught me everything I needed to know. Video below…
I did it myself, after watching this short video to learn how!
(If you are reading this in an email, click on the title to go to the website where you can view it.)
Video: How to Flute a Pie Crust
Now for the Sour Cream Peach Pie Recipe
Recipe originally posted on All-Recipes but adjusted a bit by me.
- Blend together sour cream, white sugar, 1/3 cup flour and almond (or vanilla) extract until smooth.
- Dust the pie crust with 1 tablespoon of flour. It protects the pie crust from becoming mushy from the peaches.
- Alternate layers of peaches and the sour cream mixture. Start with a layer of peaches and finish with a layer of sour cream.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 425° for 20 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350°.
- Bake for an additional 35 minutes at that lower heat. Remove the pie from the oven and sprinkle brown sugar on top. Put the pie back in the oven on BROIL for 1 minute or until caramelized.
Unroll the pie crust
Flute & dust with flour
Combine sour cream, flour, sugar and extract.
Put in one layer of peaches
Top with sour cream topping.
Add a second layer of peaches and complete with sour cream topping.
Sprinkle baked pie with brown sugar and briefly heat on broil.