By Sinea Pies
Next, I was seeing the future. In the morning, I would soon be greeted by a kitchen that needed a major rescue before the day even started. That’s when it hit me. I was standing there, waiting for a dog and a bean-bag. Could I do something to make this better? You bet.
I did what time would allow, concentrating on one section of the kitchen counter plus the stove top. I was determined to have that part “clean as a whistle” to start the morning right.
I cleared the stuff, washed and polished it. It took less than 5 minutes and that corner of my kitchen looked GREAT. I felt better. Lexi came inside and we went to bed.
- Stovetops are an obvious starting point if your microwave is suspended above. Waiting for something to “nuke”? Wipe down the stovetop! Make it shine.
- Take out the trash. Yes, the waste basket under your sink fills quickly. Wouldn’t it be nice to wake in the morning to an empty, newly lined trash basket?
- Make a to-do list for today, tomorrow or later in the week. Get a grip on what has to be done and when.
- Throw out old food. Yes, while waiting for the coffee to perk or your microwave to “beep”, open up the refrigerator or a cupboard and throw away food that is about to spoil or has surpassed the expiration date. Get rid of it. Removing just a few is liberating and gets you steps closer to “organized”!
- Sort the mail. This may not be completely doable while waiting for something short to happen but you can at least pull out junk mail and throw it away. Other, more important, mail can be laid aside for a more thorough look.
More Organizing Inspiration…