Coffee lovers: don’t you just love a great cup of coffee? Hot? Flavorful? Robust with aroma?
This blog contains affiliate links. ♥
- The Carafe: get an insulated carafe that keeps liquids hot.
- Keep it Clean: clean your coffee maker. Can’t get good coffee out of one that is dirty.
- Throw ’em out! Establish the habit of discarding the coffee grounds and filter soon as it’s brewed. That way no latent drippings (bitter) will be added to your coffee as the day goes on.
- Use filtered water. Brita water pitchers are very affordable – under $30 and as low as $12. They are well worth the investment for coffee making as well as providing good tasting water for your family.
- Brew the coffee and then pour it into your preheated, clean carafe. Keeping your carafe clean and preheating it first with hot water will help keep your coffee tasting good all day long. (see “heat your cup”)
- Heat your cup. When serving, preheat your coffee cup so that the coffee stays hot longer, just like you did with the carafe. Simply put very hot water in your cup and let it sit for a minute. Pour out the water, pour in the delicious hot coffee and enjoy!
- Microwave. Late in the day, you may find that you will need to stoke up the heat a little bit. Preheat your cup, pour your coffee and then “nuke” it for 30 seconds. It will taste wonderful.
How do you do it?