By Sinea Pies
Have you been enjoying our Cookies, Cookies, COOKIES! series? We will have more recipes to share with you soon but, first, a great idea.
Rather than baking all of the recipes, team up with some friends and have a holiday cookie swap! It is a very popular holiday get-together. Visit with friends and come home with a wide assortment of delectable homemade goodies, too!
Here’s how it works:
- Invite guests who like to bake!
- Ask each person to bring one dozen cookies for each person coming to the party plus an additional dozen for sampling. That way everyone will go home with a nice variety of cookies for their families to enjoy.
- When your guests RSVP, find out what kind of cookie they plan to bring. This will prevent duplication.
On the day of the party, provide some beverages for your guests to enjoy with their cookies and maybe another type of snack (salty instead of sweet?)
- Create an atmosphere. Decorate your house and have Christmas music playing in the background. Use some festive paper plates, napkins & cups to enhance your display. ENJOY!
- Star Cookies by kirstin_a (Meringue Bake Shop) on Flickr Creative Commons
- Christmas Table by tilwe on Flickr Creative Commons
- Cookie Assortment Seabamirum on Flickr Creative Commons