Confessions of a Chocoholic: I just saw this picture on Twitter and it was calling my name! The moment I saw it I had to track down the recipe. Hey chocolate-lovers, doesn’t it look AMAZING? Well, here’s the recipe just for you (and me, too.) Enjoy!
This blog contains affiliate links. ♥
Chocolate Lava Cake
1 cup butter, melted
8 ounces semisweet chocolate or 8 ounces dark chocolate grated
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease butter into 8 ramekin* dishes. Grease liberally so it does not stick when you have to remove it.
- In the top of a double boiler, or your favorite melting method, melt the chocolate, and stir in the butter.
- Pour this into a large mixing bowl.
- Sift in the flour and sugar and whisk together with melted chocolate.
- Add eggs and keep whisking.
- Pour mixture into prepared ramekins.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Do not over-baked or you will not get the special melted center.
- Serve warm with your choice of toppings. Ice cream is my favorite, but you could also add chopped nuts, melted chocolate or frosting.
Question: What’s a “ramekin” ?
Answer: It is a cute little souffle dish.
Original Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe found at Grandmothers Kitchen Recipes.
Leave a Reply