By Sinea Pies
- 1941 M&M’s® were born in 1941. These nifty little candies were packaged in tubes and distributed to American servicemen overseas. M & M’s have a long, proud heritage!
- 1948 The tube was exchanged for the classic brown paper envelope that we are familiar with today.
- 1954 The slogan “Melts in your mouth, not in your hand.” was introduced. So were Peanut M&M’s®
- 1960 Peanut M&M’s® became a colorful yellow, green and red.
- 1976 Red M&M’s® took a 10 year vacation. Orange M&M’s® came on the scene.
- 1981 M&M’s company rejects offer to be featured in a film. E.T.! Whoops! See article below.
- 1982 M&M’s became the official candy of the Space Shuttle.
- 1995 Blue M&M’s®? What will they think of next!
- 2002 By popular demand, purple was created as an M&M® color.
- 2004 Personalized M&M’s® became a reality via MyMM’s.com
For a special treat, M&M’s® can be personalized. The possibilities are endless as you express your love, even your humor, on each wonderful candy shell. Stop by My M&M’s and check out their great ideas!
Note: This author is an Amazon affiliate. Anything purchased from Amazon through Ducks ‘n a Row will result in a small commission for me. In advance, “Thank you” … Sinea