So, it presented an opportunity for me to create my own. Of course, when it comes to stories, Curious George fills the bill. We borrowed a DVD from the library with a series of Curious George cartoons on it. We also read Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed! The library has a number of great picture books that tell about monkeys. But I still needed a craft!
This lunch-bag puppet is my creation. I found a few ideas online that I kind-of liked but the final product is original. Please feel free to use it. Would love link backs if you blog about it but it is yours to do as you see fit!
Card or cover stock
- Print pattern 1 and 2 on card-stock.
- Color the parts on page #2 before cutting the pieces out.
- Cut out pieces on both pattern 1 and 2.
- Using Elmer’s glue, attach the head to the foldout part of the paper bag.
- Glue on the face piece with eyes and then the part with the mouth partially covering it.
- Glue the arms in between the fold of each side of the bag.
- Attach the hands to the arms
- Glue the tail sticking out of the fold.
- If you prefer googly eyes, glue them on last. There are dots for eyes right on the pattern that also look cute!
Monkey Books and DVD’s