I cannot tell you just how surprised I was, and still am, realizing what happened.
It is every blogger’s dream. Pinch me! No, don’t. If it is a dream, I don’t want to wake up.
You see, I have been a contributing food blogger for my friend, Christina, at It Is A Keeper. It has been fun doing it but it also is a lot of work. My life has been getting more and more complicated – two parttime jobs, a husband with health challenges, a dad in a nursing home, a dog who is now lonely since our other one passed away and many family-achievements to celebrate (birthdays, graduations, bridal shower, dance recitals, school plays and so on and so forth) – so I was wondering if I should take some time off from guest blogging. Afterall, I have been asking YOU to guest post for ME so maybe I should pare back!
Then, I got it. The email from Christina saying “You’ve GOT to see this!”
She had shared my most recent Pink Lemonade Pie recipe post on her friend, Aubrey’s Facebook page – Real Housemoms. Aubrey has over 1.4 MILLION fans…and they are very active.
As of this writing, that one Facebook post has enjoyed:
Here it is (the numbers may be even higher now):
The recipe? It is a GREAT no-bake pie. No contest!
Quick to make. Quick to disappear!
But I never expected this in a million years.
And it is also producing many PINS, overflowing in traffic onto our two blogs and generating much excitement.
The Recipe: PINK LEMONADE PIE (scroll down the page when you get there to find the recipe)
The Pin: PINK LEMONADE PIE PIN
Current Pin Count: 3128 pins and 103 likes
Isn’t this CRAZY???? But I am oh, so thankful.
Now, for those who are not familiar with the process:
- I wrote the post for Christina. That recipe post is on HER blog, It Is A Keeper.
- Christina shared it on her friend, Aubrey’s, Facebook Page for HER blog Real Housemoms. That share has gone “viral” (if I dare call it that–sure feels like it to me) to the tune of over 30k shares.
- Back at Christina’s blog, she has been getting tons of traffic from people who are looking for the recipe.
- I am on the tail-end of the chain. So far my blog, Ducks ‘n a Row, has received weekly traffic of at least 100 – 500 views through people visiting It Is A Keeper to get the recipe.
Phew! So, what do we take away from all this?
- It is still possible to get views on Facebook! Who knew?
- Guest posting is worth it.
- Promoting each others’ work on social media is worth it.
- Being a good friend, and having good friends, is a BLESSING.
The blogging community is such a friendly, helpful one. If you have a story on how blogging has blessed you, or how you were able to help someone else, please share it in the comments below and let us all rejoice with you!