This simple bingo-style game for preschoolers – ages 3 and 4 – can be used beautifully with many a preschool “animal” theme. I just used it when I taught my little kiddos K is for Kangaroo.
This blog contains affiliate links. ♥
Preschool Bingo Game
- Every child has their own board*
- Every child receives 16 “tokens” to cover the pictures on their board.
- The leader has picture cards of the animals to use for “calling.”
- One by one, the leader shows the students a card and says “what is this animal?”
- The children happily call out what it is. Surprisingly, at ages 3 and 4 sometimes we get different answers ie. the lizard picture is technically an Iguana so some say “lizard” some say “Iguana” some say “reptile” and some just get it wrong! LOL
- Player takes a token and places it on the animal picture that was just called.
- Game ends when everyone has every picture covered.
Preschool Animal Bingo Card
The first time we played this, I had some really sharp characters in my group. It took no time at all for me to see that there was a little bit of “cheating” going on. A few of them were looking at their neighbor’s pages, eliminating the need to find the location of the pictures on their own board. Hmm. I fixed that. Next time we played, I had two sets of the boards. Same images, different locations! LOL When we played, I didn’t say anything till they made the discovery. “Hey, his board isn’t the same as mine!” That’s when I told them what I did.
Bingo Game Tokens
This game is a fun way for little ones to learn how to listen for instructions, hunt for the right picture, and use some patience while they wait for their friends to find the picture, too. You can use bottle caps or real buttons for the bingo tokens or you can use our free printable (below)
Tokens: Print the page on white card stock – one page per player. I would recommend laminating the tokens page before cutting the tokens out so that they can be used over and over again. If you don’t, they will be “use once and throw away.” It is amazing what little-kid-hands can do to them in a short period of time! The boards can also be printed on white card stock but they do not have to be laminated. I have used my collection several times and they are still in very good condition.
TIP: Keep 16 tokens in a little snack size plastic bag. One bag per player!
FREE Preschool Bingo PRINTABLES