This blog contains affiliate links. ♥
Lima Beans and Pork Recipe
1 16 oz. bag of large dry lima beans
1 large cooking onion
Pork – cooked and cut up
- Place the dry beans in a large saucepan and fill it with cold water covering the beans completely.
- Allow the beans to sit overnight. They will soak up a lot of the water and swell in size.
- Drain and rinse them well.
- Refill the pot of beans with fresh water covering them completely and “then some.”
- Add a coarsely chopped onion.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down so that a very soft boil is maintained. Boil for 30-60 minutes, stirring occasionally, till there is a creamy sauce and the beans are soft.
- Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
- Add cut up cooked pork or ham.
- Serve in a bowl with cider vinegar as a condiment.
This recipe freezes well. Just cool it and spoon it into a freezer container. I recommend separating the recipe into more than one container so that you don’t have to thaw a large amount unless you know you will be using it all at one time.