This summer just got a whole lot happier for me. You see, I finally have a REAL cell phone of my very own PLUS I get a free movie to watch with my family from VUDU every month. “You mean you have NEVER had a cell phone?” Yes, that is exactly what I mean.
But now, thanks to Walmart’s Family Mobile PLUS plan, I have a REAL cell phone and I love it! The price was a dream come true and I even get a FREE movie every month with VUDU that we can watch on our TV as a family — and do I have some family movie nights planned!
We are going to watch my 5 all time favorite family movies – one a month, all for free. I picked the ones we enjoyed years ago which will be new to the younger members of the family and every one of them is available on VUDU, which we can access using our BluRay player.
Here’s my Family Movie Favorites List:
- Second Hand Lions – such a sweet movie filled with nostalgia, adventure and, of course, a lion! If you haven’t seen this gem, put it on your “to-do” list 🙂
- George of the Jungle – I enjoyed this as a cartoon when I was a kid. When they made it into a movie, I couldn’t imagine how that would work but it sure did. The kids are going to love this.
- Night At the Museum – we all have seen this movie a zillion times but it never grows old. Wouldn’t you like to work in a museum that comes to life at night? I would!
- Enchanted – all the little princesses in our family love this movie. The little princes do, too. Some light hearted humor, a pinch of romance and a dash of scariness ala “wicked queen turns to fire breathing dragon.” It remains one of my alltime faves.
- Flight of the Navigator – this is an “oldie but a goodie!” The setting takes place around the 4th of July so we will make it our July free pick but you can watch this one any time of year and be delighted. I took our son to see it when he was 6 years old and we actually went back to see it again the same week, that is how good it is. Perfect for audiences of all ages!
Disclaimer: All prices for phones and plans included in this post are accurate as of the date of posting; however, these prices are subject to change. Please refer to http://cbi.as/3edbv or your local Walmart for current pricing.
In fact, Olga the lady who set it up for me in Walmart’s Electronics / Entertainment Dept. was so tickled that this was my first phone that she told all her co-workers “Hey everybody, this is her very FIRST cellphone!” They all answered with a sweet little “Aww!”
But I am learning fast. Soon I will be able to call, text and surf like a champ, right along with the best of you! LOL
Can you tell that I am just a little bit excited?
We “worked” together outside for hours – I sipped my coffee, she got some dog biscuits, and I had my NEW cell phone and laptop with me. Sunny and 75°. Does it get any better than that?