The beauty of family life! Family caregiving is a natural part of the cycle. We take care of the little ones entrusted to us and, down the road, they may just be taking care of us. This sweet little picture is of my son-in-law and my grandgirl. He is such a great dad. She never has to worry about any of her needs.
Family caregiving has become a way of life our family. How about yours? In our family, some have had their elderly parents and grandparents move right into their homes. Others have utilized the help of visiting nurses and, later, a nursing care facility. Still others have independent folks in their families whose mobility has decreased and they need some assistance. Whatever the case, caregiving is an act of love that can be exhausting.
So, dear caregiver, my advice to you is to protect your own health by making use of everything at your disposal. That may be in the form of others who offer to help you. If this is your first time around the block as a caregiver, you may not know what to say. Do not hesitate. Take them up on it! Even if they cannot help with the loved one you are caring for, they can help you. Let them run errands for you or do some of your everyday chores. It is their pleasure or they would not have suggested it. Preserve yourself and say “yes!”
Another tip: maximize the use of your time by putting existing programs and systems into your life. Sam’s Club is a great resource that has helped our family a lot when our parents needed special care. They sell products that make the lives of your loved ones so much more comfortable, like the Depend Fit-Flex Adult Underwear that I just bought. They have a large selection of helpful products, supplies and advice just for you.
It is so easy with Sams’ Club’s vast onlineFamily Caregiving department which offers support for caregivers and those they care for.
Club Pickup is an additional aid that will make your shopping experience go so much faster. Let them pull it off the shelves for you and have it ready when you arrive. Like I said, they have offered their help so say “yes!”
The Family Caregiving section of the Sam’s Club Website is so thorough yet easy to navigate. If you are used to shopping online, you are going to love it! (Even if you are not, try it. You will see what I mean.)
The three primary topics on their website you can click through are Around The House, For the Body and On The Move. It is so simple and complete. Just place your order for pickup and that is all you will have to do – drive over and pick it up!
I have gained such an appreciation for Sam’s Club for helping caregivers by lightening our load.
Here are just some of the ways that Sam’s Club’s Family Caregiving department provides help for caregivers:
- Discreet shipping
- Maintain a sense of peace when ordering sensitive items knowing that once it is delivered, you and only you will know what’s inside.
- Free Shipping on select items from select locations.
- Club Pick-up
- Shop online and look for items marked “Club Pick-up”.
- Use the “Easy Reorder” option and select from a list of your past in-club and online purchases – easy!
- Get time back in your day as a member of the Sam’s Club team fills your cart with your items.
- By-pass the register and check in on the app at the kiosk inside or pull up in their Drive Thru area (available in select clubs).
- Scan & Go
- Download the Sam’s Club Scan & Go app to gain access to great deals, pay quicker, and beat the checkout lines!
- Here’s how it works:
- o Barcode scan: Scan each item’s barcode in the store with the item scanner.
- o Payment: Pay fast for wholesale items directly in the app. It’s a time saver.
#FamilyCaregiving does not have to be hard https://ooh.li/a174911 Let @SamsClub help you! #ad Click To Tweet
Leave a Reply