The wonder of the holidays so filled with sights, sounds, smells and feelings. Holiday preparation can be as special as the big day itself if you plan it that way. Enjoy every moment and turn gift wrapping into an event, instead of a chore!
Do you wrap your gifts or use colorful gift bags? Do you buy bows, make them or use something classically yours to make those presents look nice? I have seen super sized yarn used for ribbon. I’ve seen twine or fabric bows. My brother’s packages were always identifiable. He wrapped all his gifts in newsprint. Yes, that is right. He took the daily newspaper and wrapped them that way!
This email contains affiliate links. ♥
The surprise element of giving gifts is part of the fun. Whatever method you use, endless holiday gift wrapping can become tedious. Liven it up by making it something to look forward to. You may enjoy having company to help you. Make a date with your hubby or your kids. That will probably take more than one time as you don’t want the gift receiver to see what he is getting! You may really enjoy time alone to get things done without conversation. That is perfectly OK. It still can be special.
How to make your holiday gift wrapping fun! #holidays #family #gifts #Christmas Click To Tweet
How to Make Your Holiday Gift Wrapping Fun
- Carve out enough time to not feel rushed. If that is not possible, only do what you can finish each session so that you truly can enjoy the moment.
- Put on some music. I love listening to Mannheim Steamroller. Sometimes I just flip on the radio and find the 24-7 “Sounds of the Season” station.
- Make a treat. Hot chocolate or fresh brewed coffee is fine for me. If I have little helpers, I add freshly baked sugar cookies to the mix.
- Have a large space cleared out. The dining room table or a big, clean and DRY section of the kitchen counter will do. If you are a crafter, your craft table is perfect for gift wrapping.
- Collect all of the tools and supplies. When you will need for wrapping the gifts at hand you won’t have to go searching.
- Gather the gifts to be wrapped, leaving them in their bags. If you don’t get through wrapping them all this time, they are so much easier to put away. Plus, they remain hidden from little visitors who may sneak in.
- Enjoy the moment. If you have helpers, take pictures, too!
Tools and Supplies You Will Need For Wrapping Gifts