Babies, babies, BABIES! Of all celebrations, I love baby showers the most. Our family has five babies right now from newborn to just under the age of 2… and there is a sixth little love on the way… so we have many!
This blog contains affiliate links. ♥
The mommy grab ‘n go bags are easy to make, even for novices. I decided to buy some vivid blue and white pillow cases to make mine – since the baby was a boy. The wide border at the top of the cases is already a channel for the ribbon or drawstring to run through. Much less work!
How To Make a Drawstring Bag
Tools you will need: scissors, pins, sewing machine, thread, needle (for hand sewing,) iron (optional), 2 pillow cases, ribbon.
I will walk you through it detail but, in short, here are the steps:
- measure the pillowcase for size
- cut the pillowcase in half (for two bags, you will have leftover fabric*)
- pin each pillowcase in half, lengthwise, inside out.
- pin along the bottom
- using a sewing machine, sew across the bottom and up one side.
- STOP sewing as you get to the channel. DO NOT sew it closed.
- finish the edges of the open channel, by hand.
- turn the newly sewn bag rightside out.
- iron it.
- attach a safety pin to one end of the ribbon and feed it through the channel.
- remove the safety pin.
- fill it with “goodies”
Leave a Reply