Oh, how I have looked forward to teaching this lesson about turtles. In previous years, our preschool class studied T is for Tee Pee, T is for Turkey and T is for Teeth. It was time to do turtles – especially with the fond memories I have of “my own” turtle named Manfred. *Read the amazing story below.
This blog contains affiliate links. ♥
Fun Facts We Learned About Turtles
- Some live on land, some live in water.
- The ones who live on land have stumpy legs. Sea turtles and other water-dwellers have webbed feet.
- Turtles can be itty-bitty small or big huge!* (tortoises)
- Turtles are reptiles.
- Turtles eat a variety of foods. Some eat vegetation. Some eat insects. Some eat animals.
- Baby turtles hatch from eggs using a “tooth” to chip their way out!
- More: Fun Turtle Facts from Science Kids
The Story: How My Second Grade Class Found A Tortoise
T is for Turtle Paper Plate Craft
You will find that they harden a bit in a short period of time.
How to Make Your Turtle Paper Plate Craft