So, why are you online, LOL??? Shouldn’t you be getting your dinner set? Well, actually, I am really glad that you are taking a little break online so that we can check to see whether we are REALLY ready for Thanksgiving Dinner. If you are hosting this year, you have a lot to do!
Here is my own review checklist that I thought I would share with you. It will help us both to be sure that we are really ready.
This blog contains affiliate links. ♥
- Ice for drinks. Empty your ice cube trays into a freezer bag and refill those ice cube trays now. You may have time to do it twice over before company comes.
- Bread basket. Are you serving dinner rolls or bread with your meal? Get the basket out now and put a napkin inside, ready to toss those warm, hot biscuits in right before serving.
- Butter dish. Do you have it out? If you use it, it may need to be washed, dried and filled with a new stick of butter.
- Set the table early. This is something you will be so glad you did. Get out the serving spoons and trays, too. Everything you need should be at your fingertips. Oh yes, put out the napkins, as well.
- Get yourself ready. Do not wait till the last minute to shower and get your makeup on.
- Make coffee. If you are using a high capacity coffee maker for many guests, start it brewing 30 minutes before everyone is expected to arrive.
- Games for the kiddos. Coloring books, air dry clay, crafts, story books. Find something to keep your littles happy and corralled having fun while they wait for dinner to be served. If you do not have items to play with in the house, find a good holiday movie to pop on for them to watch.
- Remember your pets. Feed them, water them, walk and play with them before the guests arrive.
Holiday dinner checklist - last minute reminders you will wish you knew! #tips #holidays #Thanksgiving Click To Tweet
Any other suggestions you can add to this list? We’d love to know … the holidays are just getting started. We will be doing this again soon!
Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!
Leave a Reply