Steaks, roasts, brisket, stews, burgers...we are beef eaters in our house. But, as in all families, there are times we get tired of the same-old same-old. Last week, I decided to skip the traditional meatloaf and make Salisbury Steak, instead. Tasty and faster!
This blog contains affiliate links. ♥
- Cut crust off of bread.
- Beat eggs and soak bread in the egg until it is soggy.
- Mix by hand through the raw ground beef.
- Form patties about the size of a baseball, sprinkle tops with onion flakes and flatten slightly.
- Fry them in a non-stick skillet sprayed with non-stick cooking oil until the juices begin to turn clear.
- Drain the fat.
- Drain the can of mushroom pieces and sprinkle them over the top of the patties in the skillet.
- Blend mushroom soup, brown gravy mix, cooking sherry and water.
- Add sour cream. Pour the gravy mixture over the patties and cover.
- Simmer 5 minutes until gravy is hot.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and veggies.