|Photo from: casasugar.com|
To help out, put a
“Please rinse and put in dishwasher”
sign above the sink.
How to Clean & Shine Your Kitchen Sink
- Empty the sink of everything inside and on the ledge.
- Fill one side with hot water, nearly to the top.Add liquid bleach and let it soak for at least an hour. (Be certain that the room is well-ventilated and never, ever combine cleaning products)
- Drain and Rinse, after the hour is up.
- Repeat on the other side of the sink.
- Scrub the sink thoroughly. Use a powdered cleanser like Ajax or Clorox, that has bleach in it.
- Clean the edges around the sink and faucets where grime collects. Use a sharp instrument, like a table knife, or an old toothbrush to loosen it up.
- Rinse well.
- Shine it! Now, using Windex, shine the sink and faucets and dry them, polishing them. If it isn’t shiny enough, use car wax.
I defy anyone to put anything in that sink now. It may be necessary to put a note near it telling the family to rinse their dishes and put them in the dishwasher.
These ideas are not original, but have been proven to be 100% successful over and over again. They were first published by Marla Cilley, known as the Flylady, and if you are not familiar with her you need to be.
Check out her website and also buy her book “Sink Reflections”, available here, to learn from the pro! All of the rest of us are her proteges.
Thank you, Marla!
Leave a Reply