- Stock up on layettes at department stores like Macy’s. Major department stores such as Macy’s often carry brands like Carter’s and sell them at discounted prices. One of the best deals, is to buy multiple layette sets. Layettes are sets of outfits, such as pajamas or onesies, or t-shirts and pants that come in twos and threes. They are often cheaper than buying separates, and you can almost always mix and match the pieces. Also, at Macy’s, you can save with their Everyday Value clothes, which you can spot with the EDV tag. These clothes are tagged with a sale tag that always remains the same price, no matter what, and are often good values.
- Buy seasonal clothing items after the holidays. Seasonal baby clothing, such as Christmas-themed or Halloween-themed items, are the often the first o go on sale right after the holidays. If you wait a few weeks, they will be discounted even more heavily in order to clear room for new stock. Plan your shopping correctly, and you could snag some great deals at up to 70% off or more at stores like Kohl’s.
- One of the best products for newborns are swaddlers, which keep a baby feeling snug, safe, and warm, and prevent them from unintentionally rolling over. Sure, you can learn to fold a blanket to wrap up your baby, but sleep-deprived parents would love an alternative. We have discovered great swaddlers, which use velcro to keep your baby snug without constricting them too much, at stores like JC Penney. We especially like the Halo Sleepsacks.
- Sleep and plays are great for little ones under one. They keep a baby comfortable and warm without restricting movement, so that the little one can have plenty of practice with floor time. Plus, there are plenty of adorable animal-themed ones from lines like Carter’s and First Moments.
- Amass onesies in packs. Brands like Gerber often sell packs of onesies three to five at a time, and it will save you time and money to just purchase several for yourself. Your baby or toddler will go through them in no time at all.
- It would be ridiculous to spend more than $50 on a single piece of baby or toddler clothing, yet people do it all the time on designer brands. Here is a secret: you don’t have to blow that much to get name brands on your children. Department stores like Macy’s carry many lines of designer clothing for children such as Calvin Klein and Penelope Mack, and if you want to save, wait for a sale first. Children’s clothing will often be discounted, and you can combine store coupons with discounts from the store credit card to get savings of up to fifty percent on beautiful children’s clothing.
By Allison Preston. Allison is an avid shopper and an experienced writer with a passion for deals and coupons and for saving her readers money. She currently writes for leading coupon and online promo code site bluepromocode.com based in Santa Monica, California.