I was shy with girls, I had a hard time making new friends, I didn’t assert myself in the workplace. I didn’t push past my comfort zone.
- Push past your discomfort, growing your discomfort method.
- Put yourself out there, and be OK with not knowing if people will accept you.
- Stick to a habit, not listening to the negative self-talk that normally holds you back.
- Stick to it some more, and learn to trust yourself.
- Go into situations not knowing, and learn to be OK with that.
- Learn through repeated attempts that it’s OK to fail, that you can be OK in failure.
- Learn through repeated experiments that you are stronger than you think, that you are more capable and more tolerant of discomfort than you think.
About Leo: Minimalist Leo Babauta is the blogging genius behind Zen Habits. His incredible success story is written in a free ebook called “How I Got 100,000 Subscribers In Two Years” Bloggers and writers, f you haven’t read it, you MUST! I get absolutely nothing for this endorsement except the pleasure of knowing I’ve directed another blogger to this inspiring story. You’ll learn a lot. I did. Just take a minute and opt-in to get the free download. Print it out, put it in a binder and devour it.