By Sinea Pies
Yes, this may be the strangest preschool craft I have ever made. First, let me tell you that it was the Poise® Thin-Shape Pads for LBL and the #RecycleYourPeriodPad challenge that got me started on this project. [Learn how to get Poise Free Samples.)
Click to Tweet
Now, about the new Poise® Thin-Shape Pads:
In case you actually may want to make this craft:
- Open up the clean, unused old period pads.
- Paint 8 of them with bright colors. Let them dry.They will make up the wings of the butterfly.
- Cover toilet paper rolls with three different colors of construction paper. Two rolls can be used at their regular size. The one that will be the head should be cut to a smaller size.
- Glue the body of the butterfly to the foam board. Dry.
- Arrange the “wings” to see what angle you would like them to be. Cut them to size (whatever size that appeals to you.)
- Remove the paper backing and stick the “wings” on the foam board.
- Glue on googly eyes, pipe cleaners for antennas, pom poms.
- Using cardstock paper, make labels for the body parts and print them out.
- Cut out the words and arrows and glue them to your diagram.
And, back to our Poise LBL #RecycleYourPeriodPad campaign. After all, that is how this silly butterfly craft idea got started!
If you have LBL, let me encourage you to try Poise® Thin Shape pads. You won’t be sorry. Just get a free sample and see what you think. I am guessing that you will really like them and, like me, won’t want to go back to the old style. If that’s what you decide, no worries. There are lots of fun, crazy things you can do with the old ones…like making butterflies…or, you can just throw them away.