Preschool teachers can tell you that not every craft project will fit into every preschool day. Things happen in preschool. This particular day I knew in advance that our schedule was crammed full and we would not have enough time for the kiddos to complete my usual Letter S is for Spring fork painting craft. It is a great craft that introduces little ones to a whole new way of painting.
With less time available, I was looking for a new craft that would be just as pretty but less time-consuming.
This blog contains affiliate links. ♥
This pretty spring craft – a paper cupcake liner craft – was the perfect choice! My children caught on quickly. Be sure to let your kiddos do most of the work themselves. That is the fun of it!
Letter S is for Spring Paper Cupcake Liner Flower Craft
Free Printable >> S is for Spring Template
- Print the S is for Spring Template on card stock.
- Select two cupcake liners.
- Cut around the liner every 2-4 lines and gently spread them out like flower petals.
- Cut stems and leaves from green paper.*
- Using a glue stick, glue two stems onto the page.
- Glue stick two leaves on each stem.
- Liberally glue stick in a circular motion where the flower will go at the top of each stem.
- Press one of the cut cupcake liners on each glue circle.
- Using white school glue, squirt 3-4 dots inside each cupcake liner flower.
- Place a black bean on each dot of glue.
- Allow your picture to dry.
*I did not bother making a template for cutting the leaves and stems. Since our time was limited, I pre-cut stems and leaves for the children and brought them to school with me. It is very easy to do and your kids may enjoy doing it themselves.