- Body – with a head, thorax and abdomen. Their six-jointed legs are attached to the body.
- Eyes- compound eyes that they see with.
- Proboscis – “mouth” that works like a straw.
- Antennae – they are similar to our tongues. Butterflies “taste” with them.
- Wings- very colorful and, of course, they fly using their wings.
- Technical corrections: the word “antennas” should say “antennae.” Most preschoolers can’t read but when I realized how I had labeled – it all I can say is “ugh!”
- Also, that cute little smiley mouth could be changed into a straw. Yes, they lose their caterpillar mouths. Butterflies have a straw-like “mouth” called a proboscis. For authenticity, the pipe-cleaner can be inserted and bent…or you can tell your kiddos about it and keep the smile.
How To Make A Butterfly Part Visual Aid
White school glue