By Sinea Pies
History of Beef Stroganoff Beef Stroganoff dates back to 19th century Russia. The dish was named for a 19th century figure named Count Pavel Stroganoff, a dignitary who served in the court of Alexander III. The beef was sauteed with onions and mushrooms and combined in a sour cream sauce.
This creamy, comforting mixture is usually served on noodles or rice. It tastes delicious but takes so much time and effort to make. That’s why many of us have opted for a simpler approach. My recipe is one of the “cheaters versions”…quick, simple and low-cost.
- Precook the meatballs in oven, according to directions.
- Precook noodles according to directions (1/2 bag serves 2 people)
- Combine other ingredients in a large skillet or sauce pan and heat gently on
- medium heat.
- Add meatballs.
- Serve on cooked egg noodles.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese (optional).
Now, one of the points to this recipe is to make a delicious filling, warm meal with little effort. So, what do you serve on the side? You may want to simply microwave some peas or green beans.