Can you imagine your world without sticky notes? I sure can’t. I use Post-It®s for so many more things than just leaving myself notes. I love them so much, I wish I had invented them.
Hey, who did invent them anyway? Dr. Spencer Silver, did, that’s who. And he kind of did it accidentally! Don’t you love it?
This blog contains affiliate links.
Previously only available in light yellow 3 inch by 3 inch pads, sticky notes now come in just about every size, shape and color imaginable. They even have a new Extreme Post-It® that is tougher and water resistant, too!
So, let’s talk about re-purposing them a little bit. Put your thinking caps on. What other ways can you use sticky notes?
The Many Uses For Sticky Notes
How about these?
- Bookmarks: stickies are so easy to just pop in wherever you left off! Use them in magazines, too. Label the ends to help you find that favorite recipe or best article.
- Cable tags: before removing the cables from your computer or other electronics, label where they go! Makes life so much easier when you put things back together again. Just write where it came from and then wrap it around the cord.
- Clean your computer keyboard: use the sticky side of the post-it to swipe through the rows of keys, grabbing lint and crumbs along the way.
- Computer desktop: this can mean one of two things. Either literally stick a note to the computer screen or download some free software that allows you to put stickies on the desktop electronically. I love mine!
- Flag a stack of papers: use sticky notes as index tabs. If I don’t have the micro-minis on hand, I just cut the next size up in half! Waste not, want not.
- Labels: label food in the refrigerator to identify contents, when it was first made and who can eat it (or not).
- Story boarding: use stickies on a white board at a planning meeting. (Sure, you could use dry erase markers or a smart board but this post is about STICKIES!)
- Unique reminders: Post-It® notes are great for reminders. Put them on your mirror for first thing in the morning or on the dashboard of your car. You’ll never pull out leaving your lunch behind again.
What others uses for sticky notes can you think of?