By Sinea Pies
In my new adventure of low-carb dieting, I am resurrecting recipes that I had previously skipped – deviled eggs, for instance.
Deviled eggs do not fit with most weight loss plans. They contain mayonnaise, which is high in fat with lots of calories. Totally different with low carb. On a low-carbohydrate diet, be it Atkins, South Beach, Carbohydrate Addicts, the more deviled eggs the merrier. Makes me very happy!
Classic deviled eggs are easy to make and keep well in the refrigerator. When I make 12 of them (6 eggs, cut in half) they last me about 5 days and taste great to the very last one.
6 hard boiled eggs, peeled & cooled
1/4 cup real mayonnaise
3/4 – 1 tsp white vinegar
1 tsp prepared mustard
dash salt and dash pepper
dill Weed and /or paprika
- Hard boil the eggs, cool, peel and cut in half lengthwise.
- Gently edge the yolk out of the white and place in a small mixing bowl.
- Mash the yolks together with a fork.
- Blend in mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt & pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into the center of each egg-white shell.
- Lightly sprinkle with either dill weed or paprika on top.
- Serves 6-12 people.
Share this recipe!