Today I finally had it with the mess on the shelf in my hall closet. Gloves, scarves and hats were tossed here and there. Boots were stored in some baskets but they weren’t laying flat because some old dog leashes were caught underneath. It was just time to get it all straightened out.
As I started, I discovered so many old baseball caps stashed there that we could stock a baseball cap shop with them! There were so many caps because each one held a special memory for the wearers. I couldn’t talk them into giving any away. The New York Yankees, Cleveland Indians, Chicago White Sox and several little league teams were represented in that group of hats. There was even an NFL Cleveland BROWNS hat that I have no explanation for. We are Buffalo Bills fans so its presence in the cap collection is a mystery to me.
This blog contains affiliate links. ♥
As I sorted through the jumble of the cotton twill baseball caps, I held my breath, there was so much dust. They were coated with it! Brushing them off was not working, so here is what I did to get them clean:
Here it is=> ☑️ the DUST FREE, MOISTURE FREE BASEBALL CAP STORAGE BAG!
How To Dust Off Cotton Twill Baseball Caps And Store Them
- Select the baseball caps that you want to keep.
- Place them in your clothes dryer with a full fabric softener dryer sheet.
- Dry them on the lowest heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove them from the dryer. You should find that most, probably all, are dust-free and ready to wear or put away.
- Store them on a hat rack, in a baseball cap storage bag or in a storage basket. They will be in one place and easy to find in the future.
Dust may not be the only problem with your dirty baseball caps. Some may have stains or have discolored with age. If so, after you have dusted them, try washing them. Caps can be washed in the washing machine, dishwasher or in a bucket or sink. I prefer the sink method:
How To Wash A Baseball Cap
- Fill a sink with warm water.
- Add 1 T. laundry detergent.
- Dunk the baseball cap in the water and gently rub the spots using a rough wash cloth or sponge.
- Swish it, now, around in the water.
- Rinse it in cool water.
- Lay the baseball cap out on a clean dry towel or clothes drying rack till it is dry.
How to dust off old baseball caps and store them #organizing #cleaningtips Click To Tweet
How To Store Baseball Caps
There are 5 GREAT WAYS that I have found for storing baseball caps:
- Put them in a storage basket. I use a nice size plastic storage bin or you could pick a nice decorative wicker basket on a shelf.
- Hang them from a cap rack on the back of a door. Perfect for the baseball player’s bedroom!
- Use a plastic storage bag that is designed specifically for caps.
- Hang them from a baseball cap hanger in the closet.
- Get a nice wooden baseball cap rack!
Leave a Reply