This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SummerSundaes #CollectiveBias
What kind of family fun can you cook up this summer? The best fun can actually be very simple. No need for a special occasion. Pull together a surprise Sundae Fundae Party right at home. I made this oh-so-easy Ice Cream Sundae Cake with a Crunchy Pretzel Crust!
I made this delicious pretzel crust ice cream cake in advance so that I could be ready at a moment’s notice. That way all that needs to be done is to cut the cake into serving size squares and pull out an assortment of yummy toppings. Sundae party in minutes! Make it for an impromptu family get together or even a birthday party, graduation celebration, pool party or when the kids have their friends over. It is perfect anywhere, anytime.
This ice cream cake starts with a crunchy pretzel crust, Blue Bunny® PB ‘N Cones™ Ice Cream and Smucker’s Hot Fudge Spoonable Ice Cream Topping. When party time arrives, I will put out bowls filled with a variety of tasty delicacies to crown our works-of-art plus a can of Reddi-Wip® original whipped topping for the finishing touch!
Crunchy Pretzel Ice Cream Sundae Cake
2 1/2 cups pretzels, crushed into small pieces
2/3 cup butter (salted), melted
3 T. sugar2 46 oz. Blue Bunny® PB ‘N Cones™ Ice Cream1-2 jars Smucker’s Hot Fudge Spoonable Ice Cream Topping1 can Reddi-Wip® original whipped topping
Various sundae toppings such as:
- chopped nuts
- crushed pretzels
- potato chips
- banana slices
- Using a large springform pan, make the pretzel crust.* (directions below)
- Cool the crust.
- Remove the ice cream from freezer and allow to soften about 15 minutes.
- Put scoops of ice cream onto the pretzel layer for a thick layer of ice cream.
- Smooth the ice cream using the back of a spoon.
- Place the cake in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Warm the fudge topping in the microwave 15 – 30 seconds till easily scooped.
- Spoon the fudge topping onto the top of the cake.
- Spread the topping, cover with plastic wrap and place back in the freezer.
- When it is time for your “fundae,” remove the outer part of the pan, set out your toppings and let everyone build their own awesome sundae!
- Place the pretzels in a large freezer bag or leave them in their original bag.
- Crush the pretzels in the bag, using a rolling pin on the outside.
- Add sugar to the pretzels and mix through.
- Melt the butter and combine with the crushed pretzels and sugar.
- Spread pretzel mixture in a 10 – 11″ spring form baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350°.
For over 80 years, Blue Bunny® has been delighting ice cream loving families with their playful flavors. Their new treats take classic flavors and put a new fun spin on them – like the Blue Bunny® PB ‘N Cones™ flavor used in this recipe! Blue Bunny® Ice Cream is sold at Walmart stores nationwide.
Now you can’t have a decent sundae without Smucker’s topping, can you. I bought my favorite, hot fudge, but they have a wide variety of flavors to choose from. Just go on over to Walmart and take your pick!
Reddi-Wip is a happy ending to any dessert. I have a can in my refrigerator to put on smoothies, pudding, pie and, of course, ice cream SUNDAES! It was so convenient to buy all of the ingredients at Walmart!
Provide a variety of yummy toppings for each person to create their own fun sundae!
Enjoying “salty ‘n sweet” with crunchy potato chips, creamy Reddi-Wip® and cherry on top!
This sundae is its own kind of banana-split!
Ooh, pretty! Love this sundae with salted almonds, whipped topping and sprinkles on top!
Got any creative sundae ideas for us?
Share it in the comments!
Note: this author is an Amazon affiliate. Anything purchased from Amazon through Ducks ‘n a Row will result in a small commission for me. In advance, “thank you!” … Sinea