By Sinea Pies
Wow, looking at this collection of photos makes it look like baked lasagna is a tiresome chore! Please don’t go away.
Consider the benefits of making this absolutely delicious meal:
Tip: Though there are steps, they are easy steps. I would recommend starting with space available in your dishwasher (or sink) to make cleanup easier.
Classic Baked Lasagna Recipe
12 oz of water
Fry up the ground beef, garlic powder, salt, basil and oregano in a non-stick skillet. When it is fully browned, drain the fat and add tomato paste and water. (Use the empty tomato paste can to measure the water.)
Prepare the lasagna noodles according to directions on the box.
Combine ricotta cheese, eggs and Parmesan cheese in a bowl.
In a large baking pan, layer the ingredients as follows:
Dot the bottom of the pan with meat mixture.
Cover with lasagna noodles
Spoon on ricotta mixture and smooth on top.
Cover with shredded mozzarella cheese.
End with meat mixture on top.
- Spread the cheese layers (ricotta and mozzarella) to the edge of the pan.
- Spoon the ricotta combo in piles then smooth with a spoon.
- Wet the back of a large spoon before smoothing out the ricotta.
- Final layer of meat, use sparingly leaving spaces of cheese visible.
- To keep cheese from sticking to the foil, lightly spray the underside of the foil with non-stick spray