This blog contains affiliate links. ♥
Our K is for Kangaroo day in preschool this year was so much fun. We did a kangaroo craft, had a kangaroo treasure-hunt and heard some kangaroo stories, too.
- First, the students colored their kangaroo, joey and pouch.
- Next, cutting cutting cutting.
- Finally, glue-stick three edges of the pouch, leaving the top open.
- After a minute or two, slip the little joey inside!
Preschool Kangaroo Treasure Hunt
- Students made their own pouch to wear like an apron.
- Pre-cut the pockets — to save time — and have the children glue them on three sides.
- Tie a string through a pre-punched hole on each side to be tied behind them.
- Print and laminate lots of little cards with photos of joeys and the letter K.
How the Kangaroo Treasure Hunt Game is Played:
- Hide the cards all over a large room.
- Bring our “momma & daddy” kangaroos (the children) into the room to hop around and find cards (joeys and K’s) which they will put in their pouch. (You may want to coax them along cheering “hop hop hop, kangaroos!”)
- When everyone is done, have them count how many they collected.
Love this Kangaroo Preschool Lesson?