1. Listen – listen to the teacher
2. Walk – walk in a straight line
3. Keep – keep your hands to yourselves
4. Share – share your toys
5. Be Kind – use good words and actions
6. Quiet – use your “inside voice.”
Share the rules with your class using colorful signs. Review them starting the first day of class and every day until you are certain they have them down. If, during the year, classroom management is becoming a challenge you will want to bring them out and go over them again.
I like to involve my students in presenting the rules. Each rule is on a separate page with a colorful image that supports it. My little ones are eager to show that they remember which one is next. Here are the 6 signs that I use.