The “O is for Ocean” preschool theme is one of my absolute favorites. We have two very strong activities that the children love: O is for Ocean Fizzing Sensory Activity [also used for U is for Under the Sea] and this O is for Ocean Preschool Paper Plate Craft.
This blog contains affiliate links. ♥
Goldfish crackers – colors – in individual lunch packs!
O is for Ocean Paper Plate Craft
Plastic container/plate for the glue
The only tricky part of this simply project is in getting the bottle caps and rice to stick. Be sure to allow some time for the glue to set before the children will be taking them home.
- Pour some white school glue on the bottom edge of one side of the plate.
- Spread it thinly using a Q-tip and immediately sprinkle rice on it.
- Move the rice around by tipping the plate till it sticks. You may want to lightly press it into the glue. This will be the sand on the ocean floor.
- Next, glue yellow paper triangles on the plate. They will be the tail fins for the larger fish.
- Dip the bottle cap edges in the glue and set them over the tail.
- Wait for it to set for a few minutes.
- Add a drop of glue on the bottle caps and set a googly eye on.
- Finally, draw the smile on each bottle cap.
- Squiggle glue on the side of the fish and tail.
- Sprinkle glitter on the squiggles.
- Glue shredded green paper on as seaweed.
- Glue Gold Fish crackers onto the plate.
- Add some sea life stickers
- Pour white tempera paint onto a clean space of your plate.
- Using a plastic drinking straw, dip the end in the paint and lightly tap white rings on your scene as bubbles.*
More Letter O preschool ideas:
Letter O is for Olympics Preschool Craft
Letter O is for Olympics Preschool Games
Letter O is for Owl
Leave a Reply