The simplest activities are often the most entertaining in preschool. Free play with shaving cream is one of them. Little children love it 🙂
Shaving Cream Play: All of my kiddos tried it. Most of them loved it. The couple of children who didn’t enjoy it were “so-so” about it – not total rejection. They are my neatniks! This little gal, Miss A, is NOT a neatnik. She dug into the activity with gusto. It was so much fun watching her having fun!
This blog contains affiliate links. ♥
Expect a mess. It’s only natural.
Preschoolers + shaving cream = messy!
Free Play With Shaving Cream
Cans of shaving cream (1 per 4-6 children)
Clean baking pans or trays (1 per child)
Smocks or old t-shirts
Tips from the teacher:
- If you are not near a real sink, have a dish pan of warm water ready and lots of dry bath towels to clean up your kids afterward. You will also want paper toweling and baby wipes on hand.
- Cover the children with smocks. We used old, adult sized t-shirts.
- Bring an empty plastic kitchen bag to put the messy towels and smocks in for transport. You will have laundry to do!
- One can of shaving cream for each 4-6 kids is about right.
- After covering them with a t-shirt, give each child their own baking pan full of shaving cream and watch them have fun!
Give your kid a pile of SHAVING CREAM to play with - it's fun! #preschool #kidsactivities Click To Tweet
Did you know that tinted shaving cream is great to PAINT with? Oh, it is- take a look!