If you are a pumpkin pie lover, you are really going to love this brown sugar pumpkin pie. It is amazing!
During the winter holidays, we really look forward to having homemade pumpkin pie for dessert. Well, a few years ago I decided to make a change and bake something new. I baked this homemade pumpkin pie made with light brown sugar. The brown sugar takes traditional pumpkin pie to a whole new level!
This pumpkin pie recipe includes melted butter, heavy and sour cream plus brown sugar. It doesn’t get any better than that! This dessert recipe is a must-try, friends. It is a winner!
This blog contains affiliate links. ♥
Brown Sugar Pumpkin Pie Recipe
2 tbsp.salted butter, melted
1 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
3 large eggs
1 cup heavy cream
⅓ cup sour cream
1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp. vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 425°
- Melt butter.
- Combine the melted butter, brown sugar, pumpkin.
- Mix with an electric mixer on medium till smooth.
- Add eggs, heavy cream, sour cream, pumpkin spice and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared, uncooked pie shell.
- Cover the top edges of the crust with strips of aluminum foil to keep them from getting too brown.
- Remove those strips 10 minutes prior to removing the cooked pie from the oven.
What homemade desserts do you most enjoy?