Do you love coconut? I do. This coconut cake recipe is my kind of dessert! It is like a cake and coffee cake combined. Doesn’t it look just yummy?
Note: it tastes best when you bake it and serve it immediately, fresh and warm, right out of the oven. Enjoy!
Here’s the recipe for this amazing cake:
Coconut Walnut Glaze Cake Recipe
This blog contains affiliate links. ♥
- Lightly butter and flour a 9″ square baking pan and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a mixing bowl beat the eggs and sugar until thick, about 5 minutes the beat in the vanilla.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan on the stove top, heat milk and butter until simmering. Stir and watch to not scorch.
- Slowly add the egg mixture in a slow and steady stream as you continue beating until well combined.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the hot milk mixture until just combined. Don’t over beat.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until golden brown and the cake is starting to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove from the oven and sit the pan on a cooling rack.
- Cool cake in pan for 5 minutes. Poke a few holes in the cake with a fork and drizzle with glaze while cake is still warm.
- Prepare the glaze to to be ready to drizzle over the cake while it is still warm.
- Whisk together the coconut milk, and confectioner’s sugar,until smooth.
- If it is too thick, stir in a little more coconut milk. If the glaze is to thin, stir in more confectioners’s sugar. Stir in the coconut and chopped walnuts.
- Serve this cake warm.
Original Coconut Cake Glaze Recipe recipe found at Grandmothers Kitchen Recipes. Reprinted by permission.