Jam Thumbprints make a stunning display and so do Peanut Blossoms.
I decided to make some peanut blossoms, with a blog feature in mind, but hadn’t planned on the entire batch disappearing in one day! Good thing I took my pictures before anybody found them. 🙂
Hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
- Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended.
- Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheets or parchment paper covered cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges.
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely.