Jam Thumbprint Cookie Recipe
- Cream the butter and sugar together using electric mixer for 3 minutes on high.
- Separate the eggs. Add yolks and vanilla Save the egg whites in a shallow dish on the side to be used to dip the cookies in before baking.
- Add the flour and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes and preheat the oven to 350°.
- Now, whisk the egg whites till frothy.
- Roll the dough into balls* about 1 inch in diameter and dip them in egg whites. If using chopped nuts, then roll them in the nuts until covered.
- Place the balls on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Press down in the center with your thumb to make a small indent in the center of the cookie. Do not press too hard or the cookie will fall apart.
- Fill with 1/2 teaspoon of jam.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until slightly firm. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet to firm up before moving them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Adapted from Thumbprint Cookies recipe by Garrett McCord
Photos by Sinea Pies
TIP: the dough will stick to your hands big-time. Leave your water faucet running slightly so that you can get your hands damp before each ball. The ball will smooth nicely and the stickiness will be greatly reduced.
Note: this author is an Amazon affiliate. What does that mean? Well, anything that you buy from Amazon‘s website by first clicking on an Amazon ad or a link on Ducks ‘n a Row will, at no additional cost to you, result in a small commission for me. In advance I want to say “Thank you for shopping Amazon through me!” … Sinea