Jam Thumbprint Cookie Recipe
You will need:
- Cream the butter and sugar together using electric mixer for 3 minutes on high.
- Separate the eggs. Add yolks and vanilla Save the egg whites in a shallow dish on the side to be used to dip the cookies in before baking.
- Add the flour and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes and preheat the oven to 350°.
- Now, whisk the egg whites till frothy.
- Roll the dough into balls* about 1 inch in diameter and dip them in egg whites. If using chopped nuts, then roll them in the nuts until covered.
- Place the balls on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Press down in the center with your thumb to make a small indent in the center of the cookie. Do not press too hard or the cookie will fall apart.
- Fill with 1/2 teaspoon of jam.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until slightly firm. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet to firm up before moving them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Adapted from Thumbprint Cookies recipe by Garrett McCord
Photos by Sinea Pies
TIP: the dough will stick to your hands Leave your water faucet running slightly so that you can get your hands damp before forming each ball. The ball will smooth nicely and the stickiness will be greatly reduced.
Note: this author is an Amazon affiliate. What does that mean? Well, anything that you buy from Amazon‘s website by first clicking on an Amazon ad or a link on Ducks ‘n a Row will, at no additional cost to you, result in a small commission for me. In advance I want to say “Thank you for shopping Amazon through me!” … Sinea