Don’t you just love beef stew? Beef stew, to me, is comfort food. You know, that tummy-warming, creamy, great tasting food served in one dish. Eating comfort food is like getting a hug on the inside. This delicious slow cooker beef stew recipe is so easy to make. You will want to make it over and over again!
When you think of comfort food, what comes to mind? I think of macaroni & cheese, tuna noodle casserole, spaghetti & meatballs and this family favorite: beef stew! Beef stew goes with hot biscuits, don’t you think? When I serve it, a basket of hot biscuits is always on the table, right by its side.
This blog contains affiliate links. ♥
Not only is beef stew a perfect dinner on a cold winter’s night, it is now easier than ever to make. Just pull out your slow cooker and you are ready to go! I used to avoid using a crockpot. The clean up was a mess. As it is, mine is very large and heavy. Baked on food? Yikes! A nightmare to clean up. I hated it. Then my son (yes, my 25 year old son) told me about slow cooker liners and it opened up a whole new world for me. Cleaning is a breeze. What a relief.
Slow Cooker Liners make cleanup a breeze! #ad
Slow Cooker Beef Stew Recipe
4-5 pounds of cut and trimmed stewing beef
1 T. dried onion flakes
4 large baking potatoes, peeled and cut in 2” cubes
2 cups large baby carrots
1/2 to 1 cup frozen peas
2-3 cans of Cream of Mushroom Soup [undiluted]
- Line your crockpot and set it on HIGH heat.
- Pre-cook the stew beef in a non-stick skillet.
- Peel and cut your potatoes into cubes. Place them on one side of the cooker.
- Add the carrots to the other side.
- Place the stew beef on top of the veggies.
- Add Cream of Mushroom soup The juices from the beef should dilute it enough to make it just the right consistency. Start with 2 cans. If it there is not enough gravy or it is too thin, add the third can.
- Sprinkle 1 T. dry Knorr brown gravy mix and mix it through for flavoring.
- Cover it with the lid and cook on high for 4-6 hours.
- Check the veggies. You want them to be softly tender but not mushy.
- Add the frozen peas and mix through. They will thaw quickly and be just right without precooking.
- Ready to serve in 5 minutes.